School has officially begun.
To get maximum sleep-in time, I have been playing around with different smoothies for breakfast. Yesterday was a delicious kale smoothie, today?
An oatmeal smoothie- kind of like a milkshake for breakfast
Ingredients (servings- 4 large smoothies):
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
3.5 cups of milk
1 cup greek yogurt
3.5 cups applesauce (no sugar added)
2 tbsp PB2 (or peanut butter)
2 tsp cinnamon
1 ripe banana
A great source of protein and omega-3s with no added sugar. The smoothie is perfectly sweet from the applesauce and banana. Delicious!
1. Pour the oatmeal and chia seeds into a blender (flax seeds would work as well).
2. Blend into a flour consistency.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients (fills it up to the tippy top for 4 servings! this recipe is easy to cut in half or quarters).
4. Pour into glasses of choice.
5. Wrap it up and place glasses in refrigerator for at least 5 hours to allow for maximum absorption of oatmeal and chia seeds. I make mine before bed and just grab and go for the ride to work.
Two delicious breakfasts for my husband and I
A delicious way to “switch up” your morning routine.